- The HiCyM 2001 is a high performance, automated, rotational test machine
- The HiCyM is typically used to test the durability of the LCD assembly of a notebook computer.
- The HiCyM 2001 is designed to test the durability of notebook computers as well as products that undergo rotational cyclical motion.
- It is used to mimic typical daily operator use on the structure of a product, simulating years of use in a matter of hours.
- Performs validation and reliability tests of the LCD display FPC.
- Tests whether the FPC can withstand the minimum number of cycles or how many cycles can the FPC endure until it fails.
- Also tests validation of the reliability of display clutches. Will the clutches fail in the field or how does the clutch torque change over the life of the product.
- DAC Motion Software stores custom user defined configurations for repeat operations and stores log data for each operation.
- LCD Clamps – Retains the display of a notebook.
- Base Clamps – Locates the notebook base on the table.
- Optional Accessories
- Torque Module measures the torque required to open and close a notebook display
- Latch Actuator actuates a push in style notebook display latch
- Torque 1000 oz-in 7.1 N-m
- Resolution 5 arc sec.
- Accuracy 20 arc min.
- Velocity (Max) 90 deg/sec
- Table Envelope
- X 20 in 508 mm
- Y 15 in 381 mm
- Weight 150 lbs 68 kg
HiCyM advantages that make it the ideal solution for product testing.
- High speed
- DAC Motion Software gives the operator graphical control of the HiCyM System.
- System runs on a host PC that in turn controls the motion controller.
- Master control is written using National Instruments, Labview
- Software performs jogging, boundary setup, test points, test parameters and motion parameters from a simple to use interface.
- Software allows real time updates of axis positions and test conditions that render immediate test status.
DAC Companion Products
• TT 1001 Torsion Tester
• Roadrunner X4 Automated Optical Inspection System
• VIS 4000 Vision Inspection System
• BT 4000 POGO Tester
• HSP 4000 DAC Press
• Centipede 1200 Keyboard Tester
Market/Use• These units are used in the development phase and for production product inspection.
• Computer Manufacturers
• LCD Manufacturers
• Clutch Assembly Manufacturers